[olug] services

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Sat Sep 9 16:45:23 UTC 2000

mesc wrote:

>        Ok now I see  why there are directories named rc2.d,rc3.d.rc4.d and
> rc5.d with almost identical scripts in them,for the differents runlevels.wooooo
> hoooo I'm learning now....:) Thanks for your input Mark,it makes sense,I'll
> remember it.
>
>                 Thank you again,Gary Martin

Notice that they are really only symbolic links to the scripts in
/etc/rc.d/init.d
The "K" is to kill and the "S" is to start and the numeric part of the
name is the order in which they are run.  Weh it's run with a "K", it
runs the script in init.d with the "stop" option.  The "S" uses the
start option.