[olug] home dir.

mesc mescie at home.com
Fri Sep 1 12:35:36 UTC 2000

When it rains it pours :) I was copying some files from my home
directory to my zip disk (mnt/hdc) in preparation for my reinstall of
linux,when i  gave the command mv Bastille-x.x.x  /mnt/hdc it came back
as mv: bad  command then I used cp Bastille-x-x-x  /mnt/hdc then I
figure I'd delete Bastille but now I  have no home directory hence no
desktop so I'm writing this in windows because I have no console based
e-mail progs set up.Another lesson learned!....lol.But my bigger problem
is that all my files (including my configuration files........grrrr) on
my zip disk have vanished.Does anyone have any idea what I may have done
so I won't do it again?? Also I am presently running  pmfirewall,can I
run  bastille on top of that or is that redundant?

            Thank you,Gary Martin