[olug] Meeting Topics

Nathan Brown tbrownarcher at home.com
Sat Oct 28 02:07:51 UTC 2000

Jason Ferguson wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I've had no volunteers for the subjects for the next OLUG meeting.  I
> really dont want this meeting to suck, so I ask this: does anyone have
> ANYTHING they are willing to go over for the meeting?  I'm willing to
> discuss the basics of burning CDs under Linux, but we need a little more
> than that.  I imagine my presentation can take up to 45 minutes, but
> that leaves plenty of time.
>
> Cmon, folks, I need help here. :)
>
> Jason

I'm sorry ! insead of help I guess this is more trouble .   Is there any
possibility that there could be anything on security?  For instance I'm
trying to learn IPCHAINS.  I know there is more and I would love to learn
it.
I do not plan on running a server or anything like that .  I just want my
single @home.com home office computer to not get broken into...... I keep
hearing that Linux is really the best for security but there is always the
statement that it's still vulnerable .. I would like to get it to the best
stage I can get with my meager Knowledge....

Thanks
Nate