[olug] Ideas for Organizing OLUG

jferguson3 at home.com jferguson3 at home.com
Wed Oct 11 02:38:57 UTC 2000

Adam Lassek wrote:

> Do we even have that many members? :)

Last time Brian counted, there were 150 people on the list, as far as Im
concerned they're members. We just need them to show for the meetings.

> > 3.  "Newbie Time" at the meetings.  30 minutes or so of each meeting
> > would be devoted to "newbie" topics.  Even if this is beginner stuff, I
> > think everyone could learn from it.
>
> Help for newbies is always a good thing. Hell, even those of us who have
> been using Linux for a while might get something out of it.

I thought you had already turned into the mighty BSD-Boy. :)

> > 4.  Distribution of flyers.  I still need help getting flyers out.
>
> Student Services over at Metro has a whole bunch of flyers and stuff out
> on a table, I've been meaning to ask them if it would be okay to put a
> stack of ours there. Is the flyer for next meeting done?

Um, noone answered me when I asked if there was a topic for the next meeting
(HELLO??? ANYONE???)

Jason