[olug] gdk-pixbuf

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Tue Oct 10 04:48:53 UTC 2000

When mysterious build dependencies get me down, I consult
"http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages" and do a search for the
offending filename under "Search the Contents of the Latest Release".
Even if you are not running Debian (or not running Linux), this tool
can tell you what Debian package a file is found in.  Investigating
that package can usually tell you what it is called so you can locate
it (such as with Google or Freshmeat).

For example, your search term ("gdk-pixbuf") yielded
"devel/libgdk-pixbuf-dev" and "libs/libgdk-pixbuf2".  Those packages'
sources can then be downloaded (e.g.,
"http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/source/libs/gdk-pixbuf_0.9.0.orig.tar.gz")
and examined for clues.

BTW, try the "unstable" distribution option when running such a
search.

Adam Lassek says:

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619