[olug] Cox At Home

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Mon Oct 2 17:00:23 UTC 2000

When I moved last I didn't have windows on my pc.  The installer didn't care
though.  He stuck around for a few minutes after he tested the line while I
configured it.  My only suggestion is to make sure your friend is capable of
configuring it while they are there.  They'll be impressed when you do it in 30
seconds and don't have to reboot!

I've always had good luck with Toshiba IDE cdrom drives for general use.  If
you're doing audio stuff go with a scsi drive from Plextor.  They're around
$75-100.  I have an extra pci adaptec scsi card I would sell pretty cheap too.