[olug] Re: www chatlist

dbw commando at robotz.com
Wed Nov 22 19:52:38 UTC 2000

Rado Bonk (rado at cosmos.unomaha.edu),

The olug web site uses php nuke.  I noticed that you stated "My www
server support PHP" which suggests to me that you are interested in going
with a php solution.  The actual slash code the other's suggested is perl
and not php.

Here is a php solution that works much like slashdot.org :

http://www.phpnuke.org/

Also, I recommend looking at this article on slashcode.org about slash
(the software powering slashdot.org) look-alikes:

http://slashcode.com/articles/00/03/28/1310205.shtml

I use phpnuke and it works well.  Running slash actually requires what I
call radical or intrusive system changes (for a production machine) so I
have yet to try it.  I need a spare box to try it on, as I do not want to
make so many changes on a production web server.  Php nuke is not nearly
as intrusive on your existing system configuration.

You will also need an SQL database.

-dbw

____   / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   commando at robotz.com   ___