[olug] Samba config question

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Fri Nov 10 20:31:45 UTC 2000

With redhat, or any other PAM based authentication *nix machie, there is
usually a crack-lib that the password is checked against, and will fail if
it is a "weak" password. The way I've always got around this was use a
homegrown password changing scipt using "chpasswd" on Linux, checkout `man
chpasswd` Some thing like this:

SMB.CONF:
passwd program = /usr/local/bin/smb-passwordchanger $u $n
passwd chat = *ok*
xxxxx

/usr/local/bin/smb-passwordchanger
#!/bin/sh