[OLUG] Single system login administration?

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Thu May 25 15:50:15 UTC 2000

There are quite a few other ways you can do this if you don't have a lot of
users.  One way, is to use `rsync` to keep your /etc/passwd and shadow files the
same across your systems.  A more secure and simple way is to write a script
which uses scp to copy these files from a "main" system to the rest if these
file's dates have changed.  Run this every 5 minutes in cron.  Then remove suid
permissions from /usr/bin/passwd the other systems.  This way you won't have to
worry about syncing the files from the other boxes.