[OLUG] IPChains and MS-NetMeeting

kaygee kegaut01 at willy.wsc.edu
Thu May 11 00:30:20 UTC 2000

Matt,
I know that things like cu-seeme and vdolive require kernel modules to be
loaded on the firewall (NAT box).  My assumption would be that Netmeeting
requires something similar because it's the same type of program and I'm
sure it uses a proprietary MSoft protocol, but as far as I know there is
not a module for Netmeeting.  Don't take my word as gospel, but that's my
guess as to why it doesn't work when you just open the right ports.
Anybody care to elaborate?

Keith
There's ease of use and then there's ease of usefulness.
Choose usefulness. Choose Linux.