[OLUG] can we talk backups?

Dean Fife deanf at home.com
Thu Mar 23 19:19:10 UTC 2000

John

There is a dump utility in Redhat. It is in the dump-0.4b4-11 rpm
package on Redhat 6.1.
The only problem I have with it is that Redhat does not know my DAT tape
drive so it miscalculates the length of tape needed to do a dump. So I
needed to mess with the "-B" option to calculate the number of tape
blocks per volume. Other than that it works the same.

Thanks...

Dean Fife
Compaq Computer Corporation