[OLUG] XFree86 4.0

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 14:13:48 UTC 2000

I downloaded and installed the binary distribution and
was using KDE before on RH 6.1.  Now when I startx I
only get twm and using switchdesk doesn't do anything
for me.  I am successful when I use kdm and login.  My
.Xclients-default says:

exec startkde

and I looked through some stuff in /etc/X11 as to
where it called for which window manager and changed a
couple things in a couple of files.  I also added a
desktop file in /etc/something and in it I put:
KDE

where is my next choice to do this?

Also I have a 32MB Riva TNT2 video card, do I need to
load the glx module?

--- Adam Lassek <lunatik at radiks.net> wrote:
> The binaries are available for linux x86 finally,
> for those of us too
> squeamish to compile the source ;)

=====
Eric Penne