[OLUG] yet more ppp

mesc mesc at radiks.net
Tue Mar 7 18:17:42 UTC 2000

I'm sorry Mike I negletced to tell you i have a ps/2 mouse the only thing on my
com ports is my modem and that's on com 3/irq3 (I changed it from com 4 when I
was changing irq's earlier.)I had my modem on com 1/irq4 a month ago and my
linux dialed out fine but now when I install it on com 1/irq 4 and then click
"more info" in windows modem properties  i get a message saying to either make
sure the modem is switched on or if it's an internal modem I may have a irq
conflict on the port.I've tried every irq available to that port and the modem
still won't communicate thru the "more info" in windows.
When I dial in with minicom I do get the login: and password: prompt and after
those are entered I get PPP session from (xxx.xx......) and it never finishes
with my ip it just stays like that.  I also neglected to tell you I called my
isp today and they do not use pap or chap.
    I can go back to trying to make my modem work on com 1  but I haven't had
any luck getting it to work in the previous 2 weeks,why it don't want to work
now I don't know when I first bought the modem 6 months ago I installed  it and
it worked in linux and windows without a problem....thats was with the jumpers
set  to PnP too.

            Thank you,Gary

P.S. I think I'm going nuts :)