[OLUG] yet more ppp

mesc mesc at radiks.net
Sun Mar 5 10:29:11 UTC 2000

After reading and following the PPP-HOWTO again my ppp still  won't
work. If  I use minicom I can hear my modem dialing out and I get the
login and password prompt,after I login in I get the pppd garbage
characters but only 1/2 a line worth.Unsure if I was connected I tried
browsing with my netscape and I got the DNS error so obviously I wasn't
connected.Getting agravated with my attempts to get my ppp up I tried
<usernetctl ppp up> I got the message that users cannot control this
interface.When I first set up ppp I checked allow user to start
interface.Could that message be behind my ppp troubles?.....in other
words am I on to something? :)

            Thank you,Gary Martin