[OLUG] recording audio cdroms

Brian Weber brian at cbiowa.com
Sat Mar 4 19:58:40 UTC 2000

I can still play the music on the computer.  I have tried it on multiple
different computers and they all play the music like it was a real audio
CD.  I do not have another Audio CD player to test it out on to see if
it works on different audio cd players.  I am using Maxell.  I grabbed
one of those 50 packs for $50.  Thought it was a good deal at the time.

Eric Penne wrote:

> Have you tried playing the music in the same cd rom
> that you burned it in?  Some regular cd players won't
> read CD-R or CD-RW.  It might not be a total coaster
> if you can still play it on the PC or a different cd
> player.  If you can play it you might want to think
> about switching media types (Maxell, Memorex, Sony,
> Verbatim, etc).
>
> --- Brian Weber <brian at cbiowa.com> wrote:
> > Has anybody on this list had any luck recording
> > audio cdroms?
> >
> >       Here is the syntax I use:
> > /usr/bin/cdrecord -v -audio -pad dev=/dev/sg0
> > speed=2 *.wav
> >
> >       Here is the version of cdrecord:
> > Cdrecord 1.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
> > 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
> >
> >       finaly here is the output from the -scanbus option
> > myhome:/usr/src/cdrecord-1.8# /usr/bin/cdrecord
> > -scanbus
> > Cdrecord 1.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
> > 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
> > Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
> > scsibus0:
> >         0,0,0     0) 'PINNACLE' 'RCD-1000        '
> > '2.35' Removable WORM
> >         0,1,0     1) *
> >         0,2,0     2) *
> >         0,3,0     3) 'CANON   ' 'IX-4015         '
> > '3.03' Scanner
> >         0,4,0     4) *
> >         0,5,0     5) *
> >         0,6,0     6) 'ARCHIVE ' 'Python 27871-XXX'
> > '3.89' Removable Tape
> >         0,7,0     7) *
> >
> > Any suggestions would be helpful.  I perform the
> > record and everything
> > works without any errors.  I get warnings saying
> > that there is padding
> > done after the music to make the length of the song
> > conform but that is
> > expected.  I take the cd out of the record and try
> > and play it in a
> > regular cdplayer and nothing.  It cannot even figure
> > out how many tracks
> > are on the cd.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > --