[OLUG] ipchaining

ktb xyf at inetnebr.com
Sat Mar 4 18:03:04 UTC 2000

I've read through the ipchains howto and the man page and the firewall howto
and I'm confused.  My setup will have a firewall and two other computers
hooked together through a hub.  I will access the web through dialup/squid.
I have Debian Slink running on the firewall and one of my other computers
also.  These two I'm trying to get working together.  I can ping and Telnet
just fine between the two.  My question is do I have to have ipchains set up
on both computers?  I am under the impression that I have to compile
ipchains into both computer's kernels by selecting the "firewall" options in
makeconfig.  Or do I just set up and configure ipchains from within the
firewall computer?
Thanks,
kent