[OLUG] meeting on June 22 and linuxfest

Daniel Pfile pfiled at marietta.edu
Fri Jun 23 04:11:58 UTC 2000

wow, after reading that review, i don't think i'll be going to linux
fest. perhaps one of the good ones this fall will be graced with my
appearence.

As to what to yap about this sunday, I can throw in a little help with the
gs presentation if need be, brian, let me know what kind of help you
need. I've done some weird stuff with gs before, I think I can call myself
a semi-experienced user now. If there is a need to fill more time or talk
about something else, I can grab some of the slides from the zope guys
that were presented at the python conf and give a talk about that. I
figure an intro to zope for content managers would be a good one. I
offered to do this some time ago, but somehow everybody (including
me) forgot to mention this on the list. I'm by no means an expert zope
user, but I'm probobly going to be spending most of this weekend toying
with it, so I should be rather refreshed in the topic. Let me know what
you all are interested in.

and as for print tools, in atempting to install teTeX the past couple days
I've learned alot about the debian package system, and found that there is
no way to install a deb without running the preinst script. I hope they
fix the bug in the TeX distro in unstable sometime soon. What did you
mean about print tools, and what kind of information would you like on
them? PDF/GS/SVG/etc are some topics I've done a little bit of research on
in the past few months, so I can probobly help out a little. As to
actually printing from a linux box, I know about nill. Heck, the printer I
finally got a few months ago in trade, still hasn't been hooked up to my
computer... Hardcopy... ick to analog for me.

cheers and free beers,

# Daniel Pfile        # I have no cool signature.
# pfiled at marietta.edu # Finger for free illegal software.