[OLUG] Printing

Marc Davis mwdib at home.com
Thu Jun 22 00:38:13 UTC 2000

Nathan Brown wrote:

> For some reason the system does not detect my port lp0 I used printtool to set it up.  I
> even placed lp0 in the location field and still does not work.

> Nate

This sounds an awful lot like the well-known problem in 6.1.  You might
check out
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/gotchas/6.1/gotchas-6.1-6.html#ss6.19

The basic fix is pretty simple if, for some reason, it's happening in
your 6.2.
You can tell by looking for the alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc line
in /etc/conf.modules  If it's not there, the fix is either to download a
package or

[Quote]

Alternatively, you can add
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
to your
/etc/conf.modules file.
Then run /sbin/rmmod lp, and start printtool.

[End Quote]

This worked for me in 6.1.

--
Marc Davis