[olug] firewall port forwarding

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Fri Jul 14 16:31:35 UTC 2000

>       find ipmasqadm which controls such things ... and be prepared to
> discard everything you learn about it for kernel 2.4

Darn straight.

I'll say it right now: discarding everything everything you know about 2.2
networking *is* *worth* *it* considering the power 2.4 will have for
firewalling.  For this in the know, these lines totally rule:

iptables -P INPUT DENY
iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s <private ip network> -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT --dport ssh -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein