[olug] Linksys EtherFast 10/100

root m0ntar3 at home.com
Tue Jul 11 15:30:42 UTC 2000

        The problem _was_ I got 'Device or resource busy' errors when
trying to
insmod tulip.  Turns out the tulip driver that comes with stock RH6.2
ain't no good with Linkysis LNE100TX Version 4. The box said Support By
Linux (tm), but the reality is /kinda/.

        After installing the newer netdriver-2.0-2 Becker series drivers
my insmod tulip woes turned:

        unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
        unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

        As things go, modprobe tulip does work; and so does a insmod
pci-scan THEN insmod tulip. I added the following lines to conf.modules:

        alias pci-scan
        alias eth0 tulip
        alias eth1 tulip

        And netconf'ed the both eth's into working... hardware now
working, next thread "Why don't my firewall working?"