[OLUG] Network Collisions

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Mon Jan 31 17:01:08 UTC 2000

Dave Burchell wrote:

> I recommend the book _Internetworking with TCP/IP_ by Douglas E. Comer
> (Vol. 1, section 2.4 of the second edition, ISBN 0-13-468505-9) as a
> great place to learn about ethernet.  Comer also has a more general book
> called _Computer Networks and Internets_ (ISBN 0130836176) which is even
> better for novices.

This web site is a great resource for ethernet info:
http://www.ots.utexas.edu/ethernet/ethernet.html

> I'll be happy to give a talk on LANs at a future OLUG meeting if there
> is demand.  (We can even play "ethernet" and "token ring" with humans to
> illustrate the concepts; sound like fun? :-)

Deebu-san: I have yet to make it to a meeting, but I for one think that
demonstrating networking topologies like this sounds like a hoot. That would
probably bring me in :-)

--
* Chad S. Lauritsen, Systems Administrator                       *
* Perfection Learning Corporation                                *