[OLUG] Collisions?

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Jan 31 15:15:31 UTC 2000

brian at cbiowa.com says:

> Here is the network senerio that I am working with right now.  It is
> nothing elaborate.  Good enough for home use.  I did have the
> misconception that I could expect 10 of something.  I know enough about
> network to ask those really annoying stupid questions.  I don't know if
> I was expecting bits or bytes.  I skipped that class in college.

Forget the class, just pick up a book and learn some networking.  Never
let school get in the way of your education.

> 	My network has all 100 Meg cards with a 10 Meg hub.  I got a realy good
> deal on a 24 port hub and so I am too cheap to go out an buy a 4 port
> 100 Meg hub to get the full capability of my network.  So far I haven't
> found the need.  I was just looking at trying to make an alright setup
> better.  From what you are saying, what I have is as good as I am going
> to make it?

I'd say as good as you are going to make it without investing some time and
money.  But as suggested, the 100 Mbps hub would be your best investment.

> --
>              Brian Weber
>          Computer Consultant
>              Cap Gemini

Brian, what is Cap Gemini?

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619