[OLUG] kernel upgrade

Paul McNally nally at radiks.net
Thu Jan 27 19:28:44 UTC 2000

on 1/27/00 1:07 PM, Adam Lassek at lunatik at radiks.net wrote:

I'm trying to upgrade my kernel, but for some reason it isn't booting up to
it. What I've been doing is: untar the thing, run make menuconfig, pick all
of the crap I want, then: make dep, make bzImage, make bzlilo. From what I
can gather from the kernel HOWTO, this is how to do it. Yet, when I reboot
it is still using the old kernel. Am I missing something?

You need to edit /etc/lilo.conf. You need to replace the old kernel image
with the
new one and then run /sbin/lilo. What a lunatik ;-)