[OLUG] [Fwd: Red Hat distributes CA tools]

Drazak drazak at moongate.net
Thu Jan 27 18:58:27 UTC 2000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Adam Lassek wrote:

> hey, those *IT tools were NT programs. And what's up with InoculateIT? There
> aren't any Linux viruses in circulation. I wasn't too crazy about it on NT,
> either.

No, but imagine the linux server, outfitted with Samba and serving many
windows clients.  They all store their docs on the server, and many may
contain virii.  The linux software can scan, alert, and repair them just
like the software on windows would.  InoculateIT may include an email
gateway that can scan incoming mail for attached virus, like interscan
viruswall does.

_Drew