[OLUG] trying to set up a dumb terminal

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Wed Jan 26 03:00:03 UTC 2000

> I've got an old p200 laying around that I would like to have crunching
> rc5 packs or something, but I don't have any hard drives for it. So, I'm
> trying to set it up as a remote boot workstation, that will boot off of
> my main computer over the network. The documentation to do this,
> however, is less than clear. Since I'm sure there's at least a couple of
> sysadmins here, I figured someone might be able to help.

All I know is you need to setup tftp.  I think it would be easier to use a
floppy to boot the thing then mount the root FS over NFS.

> First of all: how do you configure dhcp?

Use webmin to configure ISC's DHCP v2 server.  I have a working config
file that you should be able to (mostly) drop in.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein