[OLUG] Introduction and DSL ISP question

kaygee kegaut01 at willy.wsc.edu
Mon Jan 24 03:08:46 UTC 2000

Hello,
I have a valid question, but if you could bear with me a bit I'd also like
to introduce myself.

I just recently subscribed to the list because although I'm currently a
student at Wayne State College I'll be attending the University of
Nebraska Medical Center next fall and I'm looking forward to attending
some OLUG meetings in my "copious free time", as hopefully I'll be
spending the better part of four or more years in Omaha.

I've been using Linux for a little over two and a half years and so I've
been researching DSL or Cable options in Omaha that are Linux friendly.
The one that looks most Linux tolerable (if not Linux friendly) is
Novia.net.  I was just wondering if anybody on the list had experience
with them or if you would collectively recommend another ISP.  All
opinions are welcome. I noticed there was a discussion involving Lincoln
and DSL in the mailing list archives, but I didn't see any discussion
about Omaha DSL. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be expert
opinions.

P.S. I enjoyed the pictures of the installfest on the OLUG webpage.  It
looks like you have a thriving users group and I can't wait to contribute
to it.

Keith Gautreaux