[OLUG] Bookmarks are magically updating

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Sun Jan 23 01:23:08 UTC 2000

It just did it again, in case anyone wants proof:

386 gideon:~ > l .netscape/bookmarks.html
-rw-------   1 mikeh    users       22545 January 22 19:10 .netscape/bookmarks.html
387 gideon:~ > l .netscape/bookmarks.html
-rw-------   1 mikeh    users       22545 January 22 19:20 .netscape/bookmarks.html

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 07:20:46PM -0600, Mike Hostetler wrote:

> Today, something strange has been happening with my Netscape - I'll have it open and, once
> in while (perhaps once every 30 minutes) a window pops up and says that my bookmarks have
> been updated and have been re-read.  And it's true - the time changes on
> the .netscape/bookmarks.html file in my home directory.  But the size does not change. Again,
> this just started today.  Yes, I tried closing Netscape and starting it again - it does
> the same thing.
>
> Now, here are my questions:
>
> 1.) Has anyone else have this happen?
> 2.) Does anyone have an idea of how to stop this?
>
> At first I thought it was a cookie that is out of hand, but stopping and starting the browser
> should have stopped that, right??
>
> any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
>
> - mikeh
>

> --
> Mike Hostetler
> thehaas at binary.net