[OLUG] failures

Nathan Brown tbrown at radiks.net
Fri Jan 21 23:55:54 UTC 2000

In reference to the below message which I received from my linux netscape :
I did a search for SOCKS_NS on the web.  I found a couple of articles
concerning windows Netscape that had a problem with SOCKS.
This file to my understanding is what Netscape is looking for to tell it to
look up the NS .  This file or program overrides resolv.conf or something like
that ... but that is windows they were talking about HOWEVER it makes sense as
to my problem in Linux... I did a search for SOCKS_NS in linux from the /
directory .. I found no file or program that looked like it.?  Does that mean i
need a SOCKS_NS on my machine?  Does this mean that I have some settting wrong
somewhere pointing to resolv.conf?  This makes sense to me if it makes sense to
any of you.  If it makes no sense to you then I'm becoming More and more
confused .

Thanks
Nate

Ps. the message i received from Linux Netscape is In between the lines below