[OLUG] modems

Vincent Raffensberger vraffensberger at csm.edu
Fri Jan 21 22:22:18 UTC 2000

Nathan Brown wrote:

> can someone guide me to a site or anything for that matter, that can
> tell me if my modem is useable in linux?  The one i want to use is a 56K
> but the one i can use is a 33600 .  There must be a list compiled
> somewhere ?
> thanks
> Nate

If you are still having trouble identifying your modem, try searching
for it's FCC id#.  That should at least tell you who the manufacturer
is.

http://driverzone.com/fcc_id_search.htm

After that you can check the hardware compatibility lists for your
favorite distro.

--
Vincent Raffensberger		College of Saint Mary
Network Administrator		1901 S. 72nd. St.