[OLUG] connection error

Nathan Brown tbrown at radiks.net
Fri Jan 21 21:29:23 UTC 2000

Hi again,
I have gotten a message that I got before but did not repeat when I knew
how to get it over here to windows ..
Now I can get it to windows here it is
This message comes to me when I invoke netscape to go to a site or
page.  It cannot find the page and gives me this message:

Warning the following hosts are unknown:
  Home.netscape.com
  home6.netscape.com
  internic.net

this means that some or all hosts will be unreachable.

Perhaps there is a problem with your name server?
If your site must use a non-root name server, you will
needt o set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to
point at the appropriate name server.  It may (or
maynot) be necessary to set this variable, or the
SOCKS host preference, to the IP address of the host
in question rather than it's name.

Consult your system administrator.

I just thought this might shed some light on the problem of my
connections

Thanks again,
Nate