[OLUG] failures

Nathan Brown tbrown at radiks.net
Tue Jan 18 23:55:40 UTC 2000

Yes, i'm in town and free most every day but i don't know for sure when i will
not be free.  I do a little work with a friend and that is not predictable.  I
can schedule a day and then if it breaks down I guess it breaks down but we
could try.
However I'm now concerned that maybe I'm using a win modem.  I hope not but I'm
not sure how to tell.  I have lost all the documentation and even the driver I
use is off of the Windows 98 cd.  I use the 'standard voice view modem 33600'.
I have another modem but I'm pretty sure it's a win modem linux will not
recognize it.  Or to rephrase that I cannot get linux to recognize it.
However, back to the other modem the one i'm using.  If I can connect to the ISP
then it must not be a win modem?
well, thanks a lot
Nate