[OLUG] - This is a good one

Paul McNally nally at radiks.net
Tue Jan 18 04:14:01 UTC 2000

on 1/17/00 9:57 PM, Chris Garrity at m0ntar3 at home.com wrote:

> It seems that the 'é' character cooresponds to integer -23 ... the value
> return by the C++ function char(), which returns the integer values of
> characters.  What character set this is?
>
> -chris

Wow. All I did was let Netscape 'replace' passe with the suggested
passè. On my Mac I can do this by pressing the option button and the
` button at the same time and then I can type the letter e which
then becomes è. Is integer -23 in the ASCII table? Probably not since
it is a negative integer?

Anyway kudos for you Chris for the C++ info.

Paul