[OLUG] GLIBC Help

gvanmill at unmc.edu gvanmill at unmc.edu
Mon Jan 17 18:51:49 UTC 2000

As a guy trying to move some of my work over to LINUX, I find I am not
understanding How things work in LINUX.   I wanted to set up a database in
LINUX. So after reading some articles in the LINUX Journal, I came to
choose MySQL as the database.  I am running Open Linux 2.2 from Caldera.
Open Linux 2.2 uses the KDE desktop manager which contains the Program
kpackage to install .rpm packages.  I'm testing the install of
MySql-3.23.8-1 using the kpackage program.  Five filenames popup as having
a dependancy problem: libcrypt.so.1, libc.so.6
(GLIBC_2.0)libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1), libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1), and
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0).

First, how does a person read the file name with the version number.
Second, how can I tell what version I have,
Third, were can I get the version that I need,
Fourth, Once I get it, where do I copy the file(s) too or install it too.