[OLUG] failures

Nathan Brown tbrown at radiks.net
Mon Jan 17 10:45:14 UTC 2000

This is not directed to anyone in particular it's just that it' the last one
in my list of postings so i will keep it sequential.
Yesterday (Sunday) at the meeting i acquired a red hat 6.1 disk.... I
installed it last night.  Red hat works much better except that the internet
connection is the same .  I have not done everything yet to check if it is
doing it all exactly as it was before but everything I have done works
exactly the same....

Is it fact or theory that you can connect to the internet via ppp with a
redhat 6 box?  Hahahaha!  I am certainly getting frustrated.  I'm wondering
about my hardware now ..  It all works in Windows why not in linux ... If the
hardware were not recognized or something i can see that but it installs it i
connect  I can get half a connection with a number but nothing with the name
.... what is going on ..
enough of my rambling .. I just am writing this to let you all know that it
is still broke.
Thanks a lot for all the help and interest
Nate