[OLUG] failures

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Fri Jan 7 20:20:23 UTC 2000

Nate:
Can you ping yourself via the loopback interface? i.e.

ping 127.0.0.1

This should work without having to dialup, and it should work even if DNS resolution
is broken. If you don't get replies back, then something is sorely hosed with your
TCP/IP installation.

If you can ping yourself, then bring up the link and see if you can ping the other
side of that link as per instructions mentioned before. You mentioned that did not
work, which makes me suspect you may not even be able to ping yourself. Try it and
report back.