[OLUG] Postscript printing problem

Jon Keene jkeene at cse.unl.edu
Fri Jan 7 14:45:21 UTC 2000

I've been having a heck of a time getting postscript printing
to work on a deskjet 520 in RH 6.1.  I've tried all the different
reasonable possibilities for drivers in printtool (plain deskjet, color
deskjet, etc.).  Using any of them, I get _some_ correct output, but
also a lot of random ascii chars mixed in all over the page.
I've had no problems with this printer in pre-version 6 Redhat.

I've searched dejanews, but I haven't found anything that seems
helpful.  Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

TIA,
Jon