[OLUG] /dev/modem lock grrrrr :)

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Sat Feb 19 17:16:39 UTC 2000

> Thans to Phil Brutsche for replying to me.  This is the page I was
> looking on for OE5>http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/. I already have
> a program called Ltools that allows me to copy Linux files to DOS,is
> that similar to the link u gave me?

Similar - explore2fs is a Windows program that lets you browse your Linux
file systems from within Windows.  It has a user interface similar to
Windows Explorer.

>     When u say try a new release of RedHat are u just talking kernel
> upgrade?

The kernel and pretty much every single program on the hard disk.  The
kernel is only a small part of what makes up a Linux installation.

> My dmesg states ppp line is registered woundn't that mean my ppp
> drivers are loaded?

It means that they were loaded at one time.  Under Linux drivers can be
dynamically loaded and unloaded.

> I'd love to come to the olug meetings and meet everyone but since i'm
> in a wheelchair now with health circumstances going places really
> takes a lot out of me.  I'm sorry for all these questions but this has
> really got me confused and I'm desperate to get my Linux back online.

It was online before?

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein