[OLUG] /bin/sh: :command not found

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Sat Feb 12 16:06:20 UTC 2000

ktb wrote:

> I'm trying to do a "make install" and I get this error,
>
> make install error:
> /lib/modules/2.2.13/misc/agpgart.o
> /bin/sh:    :command not found
> make: xxx [install] Error 127
>
> I've installed the server for the i810 chipset so I can get "X" up and
> running with XFree 3.3.5 and now I'm trying to "make install" on the kernel
> driver part.  I'm using Slackware 7.0. How can I get around this errorr.
> I've looked around a bit and see that normally after "/bin/sh:" there should
> be a program name, but in this case there is none, so I don't know how to
> continue.
> Thanks,
> kent
>
> kent @ http://www.xyf.webprovider.com/

I've installed xfree86 3.3.6 for the i810 chipset before.  The way I did
it was to load the agpgart.o module and then use rpm to install 3.3.6.
I'm not sure how much success you will have using the i810 with 3.3.5  I
didn't have any trouble at all (this was on redhat 6.1).  The error you
have looks like something was missing in your source distribution.