[olug] eth0 configuration

Nathan Brown tbrownarcher at home.com
Thu Dec 14 01:00:47 UTC 2000

I have fixed my problem with eth0 not loading and no other modules in
fact loading ...
What I had done is install an old ver of debian ..(bebian 2.0).  When I
installed debian it installed lilo in the MBR.  This is on a system with
4 OS's .  Windows on a 4 gig drive.  Red Hat 7, SUSE, and Debian on a 30
gig drive.  When I REINSTALLED RedHat after I installed debian I told
install not to install load lilo.  So any changes Debian made to the
system were saved and I could not use Red Hat the way I am accustomed
to.... This time I installed RedHat and told it to install lilo too and
so everything works in redhat .  Not quite sure yet if Suse and debian
work but I think they will

thanks for the help
Nate