[olug] debian

Adam Lassek lunatik at radiks.net
Tue Dec 5 04:32:26 UTC 2000

I just switched to Debian, and I have a few questions.

1. My machine was set up to dual-boot between Linux and Windows 98. But
now LILO won't let me specify an OS, it will only boot the default. How
do I get it to boot multiple OS's?

2. Can somebody tell me how to install kde from apt-get? It almost seems
like the KDE guys are trying to make it as hard as possible, since the
apt server they posted on their site gives me a 404. Do I have to
download each package and install them manually? I'm set up in a
comfortable Helix Gnome installation, but I wanted to try out kde2.

thanks in advance