[olug] nice Xterminal!

Maxwell Spangler maxwax at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 17 17:30:16 UTC 2000

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Matt Payne wrote:

> Based on http://slashdot.org/articles/00/08/07/2325242.shtml I bought a
> "network computer" for $223 from http://ThinkNIC.com.  It comes with
> everything (including sound card and speakers :-) but the monitor.  I'm
> very pleased! It boots linux from a CD.  Comes up with Netscape 4.7x
> running.  Also acts as a generic Xterminal.
>
> Plugged into my home LAN and was up and running in ~5 minutes.
> It works GREAT.
>
> http://plug.twuug.org./articles/hacking.html has a bit more info too.

Can you get to a shell account or is there a thick GUI coating on the boot up
system?

Cyrix 266Mhz, 64M of RAM, 10/100 Ethernet, 24X cdrom, and more.  That's really
good for $200 in a nice small package, known to support Linux and with no
monthly service fees.

Hmm Tempting.

Maxwell Spangler                         "Don't take the penguin too seriously.
Program Writer                       It's supposed to be kind of goofy and fun,
Greenbelt, Maryland, U.S.A.                      that's the whole point" - l.t.