[olug] Getting LILO back

Jay Woods woodsjay at home.com
Sun Aug 6 20:04:56 UTC 2000

I want to thank everybody for their help. Unfortunately nothing is working out. I have
been able to boot up with tomsrtbt - 1.7.101 and my stuff is still there. However:

    I haven't been able to boot up from the CD-ROM (for example, Linux Mandrake v7.02).
    I can boot up on the emergency boot disk with the command at LILO of linux
root=/dev/hdb6 BUT it always tries to boot to hda6 which isn't there.
    I have been able to set up a new lilo.conf file that has hdb6 instead of hda6 BUT
when I run lilo at the root command line, it refuses to write to the MBR saying
something about it isn't marked for it.

I'm ready to pay for somebody to come and fix it. ---Jay