[olug] Xircom PCMCIA Ethernet card

bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Aug 3 21:03:16 UTC 2000

Yes it's a Realport card.  I'm using Mandrake 7 currently, does it need an
update to support it (if you know)?

I would think that it would be supported without a recompile, but I'm not
adverse to doing one if necessary.

Bill

                    "Tim Russell"
                    <russell at prob        To:     <olug at bstc.net>
                    e.net>               cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: [olug] Xircom PCMCIA Ethernet card
                    08/03/00
                    03:52 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    olug

Xircom what?  One of those orange Realport cards?  If so, the latest
pcmcia-cs should support it from any distribution, you'll just have to get
it and recompile your own kernel.  I have one in my Tecra 8000 and it works
under Red Hat 6.1, soon to be 6.2.

I don't think that the modem is a Winmodem, so it should work as well.

Tim #1