[olug] Getting LILO back

Christopher Garrity m0ntar3 at home.com
Wed Aug 2 05:08:02 UTC 2000

	Boot up with the Install floppy or from CD-ROM, and at the boot prompt type:

	linux single root=/dev/hdb* initrd=

	Where the * == the number of your root partition. This'll get you to single
user mode where you can rerun lilo. If you get kernel panic, don't panic
yourself, you just gave root=/dev/hdb* the wrong number. Try again..