[OLUG] dd

brian at bstc.net brian at bstc.net
Thu Apr 20 03:46:23 UTC 2000

or....

mount -o loop /path/to/image

Brian Roberson
brian at bstc.net

-----Original Message-----
From: burchell [mailto:burchell at inetnebr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 10:41 PM
To: olug
Cc: burchell
Subject: FW: Re: [OLUG] dd

Sounds good, but remember, test your backup.  Make sure you can
read/restore from this file the way you want to.  How many horror
stories
have we all heard about untested backups being unreadable or blank?

Ideally, you could test with a spare hard drive of the same (or slightly
larger) size.  Swap the current drive with the spare and restore your
Windows system from your backup media.  (I know, we don't all have spare
drives...)

mesc says:

> I finally got my windows ISO made using mkisofs -o -a
> /usr/bin/window95.img /mnt/win.After it was finished running it said
672
> mb copied to /usr/bin/window95.img (the size of my windows dir)so it
> must have done it right.Thank you all for your help.
>
>             Thanks again,Gary Martin.

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org