[OLUG] comp. as an alarm

Daniel Pfile pfiled at marietta.edu
Mon Apr 10 05:59:14 UTC 2000

at or cron is probobly your best bet. i usually just use cron to play a
dir of mp3s with mpg123. never tried using cron/at to start up xmms.

freshmeat has gtk cron/at front ends to make setting your cron to wake you
up less error prone when it's 2 am and you're slightly inebriated and
can't seem to get the syntax right.

for wake up value i'd recomend korn, tool, or pantera. they do a nice job
screaming at you early in the morning. nothing like getting woken up by
somebody yelling 'WHAT THE ****' :)

computer works fine for me, i usually set a normal alarm as a backup in
case the power goes out or something happens to the computer.

# Daniel Pfile        # I have no cool signature.
# pfiled at marietta.edu # Finger for free illegal software.