[OLUG] html encoding

Christopher Cashell topher at tconl.com
Thu Oct 21 03:46:35 UTC 1999

Unidentified Flying Banana, code named Chris Garrity, wrote:
>html encoding is perfectly acceptable--as long as you type the tags in

I have to disagree with this one.  In my opinion, all mailing lists and
newsgroups should be 100% text only, unless *specifically* approved by all
readers of the list or group.

There are a great many of us who regularly read our e-mail with pine, or
other text mail clients, and reading raw HTML is one of the most annoying
things I can think of.  Especially when there is no real need for it.

HTML is for web pages, not e-mail. ;-)

---
#include <disclaimer.h>
  * Christopher Cashell    topher at tconl.com
  * StarThorn @ IRC        DALnet / SorceryNet
  * Soon found at:         http://www.zyp.org
  * Lord of Nothing, but Master of All......the King of Fools.
  */