[olug-colo] News on Bandwidth

Charles.Bird charles.bird at powerdnn.com
Fri Aug 14 15:19:22 EDT 2009

I am still waiting on Cogent for the exact quote, I missed his call, I
should have something sometime tonite though, he works long hours.

Also, I just got back from Washington DC and made some really sweet deals
with people and consumed (according to others observations) approximately 75
Sam Adams in 4 days, along with shots, 5 Bass Ales, and 4 glasses of wine.
No broken bones like i had last year.

During this time, i have managed to line up some great pricing on ATT,
Level3, Sprint, 360Networks and more. I am talking about Cogent type of
pricing in the POPs

Alot of these providers will be charging 20-50 bucks per Mb transit at the
POP, and I can do alot lower.
let me know if any of you are interested and I bet i can save someone some
money even without switching their circuits/providers/ports :)

I have a meeting next week about OmahaIX and some other businesses locally
to get some solid pricing worked out, also i'll be getting some
backhaul(last mile) issues hashed out to get pricing dropped as well.

Regards,
Charles