[olug-colo] Suggestions for Official E-mail

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Mon Apr 27 11:36:39 EDT 2009

IMHO we need something better than just text collaboration.

I can't even post this picture I made that describes my current feelings on
internet connections in Omaha.

http://omahax.com/img/ayi.png

(bad guy in quantum of solace)

I would suggest something like joomla or plone.

Plone is Zope/python and it is awesome.

Joomla is php and has already made modules/plugins for everything.

We need to give members the ability to do lots of stuff on the site so that
the work load can be distributed.

We should be able to make it so that people can subscribe to forum topics
and read and respond via email.

You can with wordpress so I if it isn't already an available option as a
forum plugin I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to monkey mod it.